A contract is formed between a client (referred to as the 'Customer') and Colbridge Films and Colbridge Media Services Ltd (referred to as the 'Company') when an Order is received from the Customer. An order may be in written, verbal or electronic form. The Product or Service shall mean any product or service that is provided by the Company to the Customer. These conditions do not affect your statutory rights. The terms and conditions outlined on this page do not solely form the contract with the Customer for buying a service or product. A Customer is required to sign a 'contract' document that has been prepared by Colbridge Media Services Ltd and is legally binding.
The Company agrees to supply the product(s) or service(s) to the Customer as detailed in the order and according to the terms and conditions of the contract.
3. Rights Reserved
Should the Company choose not to enforce any or all of these conditions it should not be interpreted as a waiver of any of the Company’s rights. By providing the Company with an Order, the Customer accepts these terms and conditions.
The Company shall issue a contract and an invoice to the Customer in respect of products or services supplied, or to be supplied, the payment terms for which will be stipulated on the contract and invoice. The Company reserves the right to charge interest on overdue amounts at an annual rate of 5% above the (‘Barclays Bank’) base rate ruling on the date payment is due. Title in the goods or services shall remain with the Company until full payment has been received, unless otherwise stipulated in the Order. For Wedding and Celebration packages the Company requires full payment at least 10 working days before the date of the event being filmed.
5. Health & Safety
The Company and Customer will act in accordance with all relevant health and safety requirements in order to provide the products and services and will carry out risk assessments where necessary.
6. Creative Brief
Unless otherwise agreed, the Customer accepts the Company’s decisions on creativity within the product(s) or service(s).
7. Booking Fee/Cancellation
Monies paid by the Customer to reserve the product(s) or service(s) of the Company will be accepted as a non-refundable Booking Fee. If the Customer cancels the order less than 8 weeks prior to the Company supplying the product(s) or service(s), the Customer will be liable for the whole invoice value less any Booking Fee already paid.
The Company accepts no liability for any loss or damage that may arise from the supply of the product(s) or service(s). In the unlikely event of the Company being unable to supply the product(s) or service(s) as specified in the Order, liability shall be limited to the total invoice value – or monies already paid by the Customer.
Unless otherwise stated in the Order, the Company retains copyright in all its Original Material. Original Material includes video recordings, graphics, soundtracks, printed material and any other design or artwork commissioned by the Customer in relation to the Order. The Customer must ensure that permission is sought for the inclusion of any copyright material they supply to the Company to enable them to deliver the product(s) or service(s). The Customer must also ensure that permission is sought for the inclusion of any performers or performances, trademarks and locations. The Company retains the right to use this material in its original and edited form as they see fit, unless otherwise agreed in the Order. The Customer agrees to indemnify the Company in the event of any breach of copyright claims being brought against the Company in respect of material supplied by the Customer. Relevant music licenses will be applied for through recognized bodies (‘PRS’, MCPS’) by the Company on behalf of the Customer however this cost will be passed onto the customer unless otherwise stated, eg: inclusive in certain packages.
10. Data Protection
The Customer must ensure that all necessary arrangements have been made with, and permissions obtained from, people and places that may be recorded on video as a result of the Company supplying the product(s) or service(s) - and that such recording is in compliance with data protection.
11. Complaints Procedure
In the unlikely event of a dispute over the supply of product(s) or service(s), please contact Colbridge Media Services Ltd so we may resolve the issue. Any disputes must be notified within 28 days of the Customer receiving the product(s) or service(s).
12. Care and Damage to Client Property
Whilst every care is taken in the handling of the Customer’s property, the Company accepts no responsibility whatsoever for any loss or damage, howsoever caused, or any other loss by unforeseen circumstances whilst they are in the custody of the Company. Liability for such loss or damage will be limited to the replacement cost of the materials or media and in no circumstances will any liability attach to any claim for the value of the content.
13. Right of Assignment
The Company retains the right to assign the supply of the product(s) or service(s) to the Customer to another suitable company should they be unable to complete these terms and conditions.
The Company retains the right to charge out-of-pocket expenses incurred in providing the product(s) or service(s) - subject to being able to provide the Customer with proof of expenditure, usually in exceptional circumstances not covered by the package. All out-of-pocket expenses will be charged at cost. For Weddings the Customer shall provide the Company with food and drink if expected to work for longer than 5 hours.
Unless otherwise agreed the Company will treat any information gained during the supply of the product(s) or service(s) as being private and confidential. Likewise, the Customer shall keep confidential any methodologies and technology used by the Company to supply of the product(s) or service(s).
16. Product Delivery
A proof copy of your film is delivered online via MediaZilla or Vimeo Pro. Timescales may vary between 8 weeks to 6 months for proofs depending on our workload, the time of year, the project and from the time we received all of the relevant information, video, images and audio required to complete a first draft (which may include video menus). Final delivery can take anywhere from 3 months to 12 months depending on revisions requested, method of delivery and current workloads. All timings are at our discretion and bespoke to meet the needs of the customer.
17. Basis of Law
These Terms & Conditions and any accompanying letter and/or contract are governed by the laws of the United Kingdom.
1. This service offers a 28 day money back guarantee of delivering a proof edit of a short form wedding film
2. Delivery is restricted to online only
3. This does not refer to a completed order or delivery of the final version
4. Service does not include full ceremony, speeches or trailer
5. Delivery is via the MediaZilla platform
6. You are assigned an editor who will prioritise your wedding film to meet the deadline
7. Payment must be received 10 working days before your wedding along with payment of your video package
8. We reserve the right to refuse an express edit but will give you prior notice and reasons for our decision
9. Should the guarantee not be fulfiled we shall refund the client in full by BACS transfer within 60 days
10. We reserve the right to waive discretion over the money back guarantee in our favour should we have good reason
1. You will need to sign a legally binding contract that will explain the method and terms for our monthly interest free instalments over a 12 month period
2. Payments will need to be made in accordance with an agreed schedule by the due dates specified
3. If you change your plans and you no longer require our services we keep all deposits and a percentage of any monies already paid depending on the date we receive your cancellation
4. Payment plans cannot be used in conjunction with claiming other offers
1. All graphics & images on our website are licensed to Colbridge Media Services Ltd (except third party product illustrations)
2. Photos have been used with permission (or permission has been sought) by the copyright holder and credited accordingly or have been labelled for reuse without modfication
3. All text is copyrighted to Colbridge Media Services Ltd & Colbridge Films
4. Some graphics, images and photos do not necessarily represent an actual depiction of a product or service but is used to represent it
5. The pricing on products and their description may change at any time without prior notice
6. This website, associated websites and associated Blog may not be integrated within other sites
7. Product running times are approximate and may vary from product to product
8. Product descriptions are intended as a guide only and in no way intended to mislead or oversell a product
9. Our original blogs, news updates and feedback relating to Colbridge Films may not be copied or reproduced without permission. This includes our social media activity and it's associated pages, promotions and affiliations
These general terms and conditions are in addition to the terms and conditions stated on the Contract which is required to be signed by the Customer before the Company will accept a commission. We reserve the right to change the terms and conditions at any time for operational purposes